Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Idol Chatter -- Lucky 13

So... the ultimate 13 were kind of shoved down our throats since audition time. Honestly, is there a single element of Danny Lokey that we haven't been exposed to? The preliminary voting rounds were nothing short of a railroad. And the wild card? No true surprises there, either. But now with the narrowed field, it's time to invest!

First of all, I loved the theme of the night, because even though Jack-O is whack-o, I really like most of his songs. I even felt a little love for Danny Lockey for the first time...ever. He had a bit of lovable dorkiness to him, though churchy-girl that I am I could sooooooo see him leading a praise team in a worship service. And even though it's a bit of a jump on the inevitable boat, I do loves me some Adam Lambert. I know there's been a lot of hype about this being the best season ever, and after tonight I'm inclined to agree. Usually there's only 3 or 4 singers that show any kind of mojo in the early shows, but tonight most of them were really good.

I'm hard-pressed to name a bottom 3, but I'm saying Jasmine and Anoop for sure--I love Anoop, but honestly--"Thriller?????" And for a third? I'm not feeling Kris Allen. The guitar kind of confused me.

No comments:

Post a Comment